The program manager effectively and efficiently operates MSU HEP and its services to MSU HEP students, including its residential and satellite projects. The program manager coordinates, implements, oversees and develops MSU HEP and supervises full-time and part-time staff. Assures all aspects of HEP operations function so as to meet specific objectives relative to numbers of participants served and numbers of those earning their GEDs. Additionally, coordinates and oversees career advising and placement of students upon exiting. This is a full-time position with standard 8-5 p.m. workdays and probable evening and weekend hours necessary. This position reports to the MSU HEP Director (Director of MSU Migrant Student Services). This is a salaried, off-date position funded through 6/30/2024.
- Hires and supervises instructors, recruitment coordinator and variety of support staff
- Assures quality student records regarding eligibility and admittance, academic performance, and career placement
- Arranges and assures effective instruction, i.e., personnel, space, technology, other tools for GED subject areas (Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Social Studies, and Science) in Spanish and English
- Directs Lead Instructor in developing GED subjects’ curricula and supervising other instructional staff
- Directs Recruitment/Outreach Coordinator in best practices for identification, assessment and admittance of students
- Assures that cultural and academic enrichment activities are taking place
- Schedules and manages regular HEP faculty and staff meetings
- Assists in assuring that program goals and objectives are being met
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the HEP Director/Migrant Student Services Director
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing one or two years of post-bachelor degree work, such as a master’s in administration or a behavioral science field; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in administration, program development and personal development and training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish is required. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Completion of a master’s degree in social science, education, business, or related field, as well as two years of experience in classroom instruction is strongly preferred for this position; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible work experience in staff management; budget oversight and management of federally funded programs including operating GED or high school completion programs; experience working with migrant populations; experience in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, calendaring and web-page software.
For more information visit the MSU Job Postings Website.