Position Title: Program Manager/Business Consultant
Reports to: Executive Director
Are you passionate about helping the Hispanic community and small businesses? The West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (WMHCC) is looking to hire a full time Program Manager/Business Consultant to lead our new initiative “Transformando West Michigan.” This individual will be assisting Hispanic and other immigrant/minority business owners by providing business knowledge and helping them navigate the West Michigan business ecosystem. The individual will also assist to further build business capacity, outreach, and sustainability through the first phase of Transformando West Michigan, “Feeding Minds, Mouths, and Pockets.”
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, operations research, nonprofit management or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience accounting and/or financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, nonprofit program management, or a related field
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Project coordination and/or leadership experience
- Business planning and consulting
- Researching, analyzing, identifying and resolving moderately complex to complex business problems
- Developing and analyzing data models to make recommendations for management review
- Preparing written proposals/reports
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project management tools
- Planning, organizing and decision-making abilities
- Analysis, compilation and interpretation of data
- Preparation and presentation of materials
- Explore alternative approaches to existing processes and project objectives
- Work with others in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include report generation and presentation of major reports
- Plan, implement, monitor and manage initiative from start to completion
- Lead program planning, resourcing, staffing, consultant and people management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Ensure program results meet requirements regarding quality, schedule and budget.
- Monitor performance
- Manage cross-functional (internal) project planning and execution, including collaboration with different companies, nonprofits and stakeholders around West Michigan, management of engagement and outreach campaigns, and management of events to support Transformando West Michigan-Feeding Minds, Mouths, and Pockets’ goals
- Build and maintain partnerships with various community groups
- Provide assistance to partners to ensure proper implementation of the program model
- Assist with the management of grant processes and funded partner relationships
- Collect and review data and develop strategies to strengthen the program.
We are looking to fill this opening immediately. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send applications to [email protected].